Hello everyone :) I really want this as my pet but my mom do not allowed me to have this because I am a student and I don't have enough time to take care of it. But i freaking love this. One day, I will have this as my pet.
Do you know what sugar glider is? A sugar glider is a small nocturnal marsupial native to Australia and Indonesia.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A SUGAR GLIDER:
- The face and the legs of this animal have a dramatic black shades.
- The width of their body is equal to the length of the tail, which commonly measures five to six inches.
- Adult Sugar Glider weighs about four to six ounces, however, males can exceed this proximity because they are much bigger than the female.
- Sugar Glider, like many other marsupials, they also have the pouch were they carry their young's, that are commonly know as the Joey's
- In the natural habitat, they are tree dwelling and mostly living in a herd, which is composed of fifteen to thirty members.
- This exotic animal are nocturnal that mainly feed on small vertebrates like insects and plants such as the acacia tree, eucalyptus and the gum tree.
- Sugar gliders can be compared to the flying squirrel because they glide themselves above up to a hundred feet. They glide using their membrane, which is called the patagium and by using their tail, the direction can be control while on the air.
- They posses opposable fingers and toes and the male has a forked penis.
- Their ear moves frequently in other for them to hear even the smallest sounds.
- Ears of this animal are hairless, large and thin.
- Sugar Gliders individually have unique scents that are been recognized by other Sugar Glider. The scent gland of the male is located on the head that appear like a diamond while on the female it is located near the pouch.